The University of Michigan’s Central Student Government provides a transit service called Airbus that takes students to and from the Detroit Metro airport before and after breaks. Here are a few things to know about this service:
- Bus Stops: Bursley Hall on North Campus, in front of Alice Lloyd, near Markley, on the Hill, and near the Law Quad on Central Campus.
- Transport from Ann Arbor to the Detroit Metro airport can be reserved in advance ($7) or you can walk on ($11).
- A select amount of seats are set aside for walk ons.
- Transportation to campus from the airport is first-come, first-served ($11). The pickup locations at the airport are at North and McNamara Terminals. See the website for the times.
- Your Student Account on Wolverine Access is charged directly so all you need to board the bus is your MCard and you are all set!
If you are leaving Ann Arbor at an earlier date than the CSG Airbus is available, another convenient option is the MichiganFlyer.
- Pickup Location: Blake Transit Center, corner of E. William St. and S. 4th Ave
- Make reservations online for $12 one-way or $22 round trip.
- Walk on for $15, cash only.
- The pickup location from the airport varies based on the airline that you use. See the website for more details.
Do you have a super early flight, lots of heavy bags, and/or want to travel with friends? Ann Arbor Airport Shuttle and Amazing Blue Taxi both provide door-to-door pickup and drop off service. Not to mention, you can split the fare with multiple people to knock down the cost. These fares vary by your pickup or drop off time, location, and the number of people traveling with you.
On top of getting to the airport safely and efficiently, it’s important that you lock up your residence before leaving for a few weeks. Excellent articles full of tips and important things to consider before leaving home can be a great resource to you and may save you from future havoc!
Have safe travels and an excellent break! You deserve it!
Contributed By: Shelby DeVuyst, Beyond the Diag Program Assistant