Valentine’s Day dates often come with the pressure of figuring out something exceptionally exciting or unique to do. To make it easier on you, here are ten ways to spend your day with a romantic partner, a friend, or just some ‘treat yo’self’ tender loving care!
- Have a little friendly competition and go bowling at Revel and Roll.
- See the classic 1938 Romantic Comedy Bringing Up Baby at the Michigan Theater.
- If you’re 21+ and want to do something on the more artistic side Paint and Pour is the place for you and your date. Just make sure to have a designated driver or take an Uber.
- Valentine’s Day is a time for indulgence so you can take time to cook a fancy meal or bake something fun!
- If you’re not planning on celebrating until the weekend, and you like to laugh, check out the Ann Arbor Comedy Showcase.
- You can also go Ice skating at Yost.
- If you’re into Folk Music, The Ark is putting on a performance called “My Folky Valentine” which showcases couples who make music together.
- If you want to take an indoor stroll through nature, head to the Matthaei Botanical Gardens.
- The museums on campus are also a great place to go. If you want to learn more, visit the Museum of Natural History, the Kelsey Museum of Archaeology, or the Museum of Art.
- If you’re looking to do something that helps spread love, you can volunteer at the Shelter Association in the soup kitchen.
Contributed by: Miranda Lum