The Old Fourth Ward Neighborhood lies within the Old Fourth Ward Historic District – one of the first residential areas in the city. The land was purchased by pioneer settlers and quickly became known as the center of Ann Arbor, inhabited by the town's leading citizens. Fondly remembered as many travelers’ first acquaintance to the City, visitors were transported by carriage up the steep hills of State Street into the city from the railroad station. Today, the Old Fourth Ward Neighborhood is home to Kerrytown, a lively marketplace blending the best of the old and new. Named after County Kerry, Ireland – the ancestral home of the developer of the area – Kerrytown hosts the Ann Arbor Farmers’ Market every Wednesday and Saturday throughout summer and fall.
Knight's Market: 420 Miller Ave
Sparrow Market: 407 N 5th Ave
People's Food Co-Op: 216 N 4th Ave
Coffee Shops & Cafes
Mighty Good Coffee: 217 N Main St
Zingerman's Next Door: 422 Detroit St.
Sweetwaters Espresso & Tea: 123 W Washington St
Cafe Verde: 216 N. 4th St.
TeaHaus: 204 N. 4th Ave.
St. Thomas Catholic Church (530 Elizabeth)
Harvest Mission Community Church (1001 E. Huron)
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church (306 N. Division)
North Main Park: 604 N Main St
Wheeler Park: 200 Depot St
Ann Arbor Farmers Market: 315 Detroit St
Ann Arbor Old Fourth Ward Historic Neighborhood Association
The Ann Arbor Old Fourth Ward Historic Neighborhood Association represents the Historic Districts and residents in our near-downtown neighborhood, including the Old Fourth Ward and the Ann Street Historic Districts. For more information, like their Facebook page by searching for "Ann Arbor Old Fourth Ward Historic Neighborhood Association."