St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner! The holiday can be full of great memories, but only if you remember to act responsibly and Stay in the Blue. Many students choose not to drink when celebrating this lucky day. However, if you do choose to drink, you can Stay in the Blue by keeping your blood alcohol content (BAC) at .06 or below. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind before going out to find that pot of gold.
- Download the Stay in the Blue app to use the BAC calculator, Call-a-Cab, and more!
- Plan a safe ride home before the celebrations begin
- Eat food before and during the festivities
- Measure and count your owns drinks
- Avoid hard alcohol
- Pace yourself
- Avoid walking around with open containers
- Contact law enforcement if you see a drunk driver or someone who needs assistance
- Know the signs of an Alcohol Emergency
For more university events and safety tips, check out the Dean of Students St. Patrick’s Day website for more information. Remember, it takes more than just luck to stay safe on St. Patrick’s Day. Act responsibly and Stay in the Blue!
Contributed by Sylvie E, Neighborhood Ambassador-Tappan