Note: All positions have been filled for the 2017-2018 school year. Please check back in the spring of 2018 for new openings.
Division of Public Safety and Security Positions
- Are you passionate about self-defense, helping others, and creating a safe environment?
- Do you want to develop effective communication, assessment, and leadership skills?
- Do you enjoy working with others and facilitating to groups?
Gain a greater understanding of the formation and sustainability of self-defense programs and personal safety education by joining the Empowerment Self Defense Program Team.
Program Assistant - will be hired to facilitate workshops and assist with implementation and assessment of the newly developed Empowerment Self Defense Program. Apply for this job directly through U-M's Student Employment website. $10/hr for ~12 hrs/wk
Student Facilitators - will be hired and trained to co-lead Empowerment Self Defense workshops for the U-M community. Apply for this job directly through U-M's Student Employment website. $8.90/hr for ~8 hrs/wk
Interviews will be scheduled for the second week of August and hired to begin working as soon as possible.
Dean of Students Office Positions
Beyond the Diag Neighborhood Ambassador
- Are you interested in boosting your resume by gaining first-hand experience in coordinating community engagement events, budgeting, and marketing?
- Do you want to improve your public speaking skills and write captivating articles for all 30,000+ of your off-campus peers?
- Would you like to get paid to share housing and safety resources while improving the off-campus climate in Ann Arbor?
If you answered yes, consider joining the Beyond the Diag team as a Neighborhood Ambassador!
Join our team and get paid to make Michigan’s off-campus a safer, tight-knit community! Contact us at BeyondtheDiag@umich.edu if you are interested in learning more about how to apply!