Division of Public Safety and Security Positions
- Are you passionate about self-defense, helping others, and creating a safe environment?
- Do you want to develop effective communication, assessment, and leadership skills?
- Do you enjoy working with others and facilitating to groups?
Gain a greater understanding of the formation and sustainability of self-defense programs and personal safety education by joining the Empowerment Self Defense Program Team.
Program Assistant (1 opening) - will be hired to facilitate workshops and assist with implementation and assessment of the newly developed Empowerment Self Defense Program. Apply for this job directly through U-M's Student Employment website. $10/hr for ~12 hrs/wk
Student Facilitators (2 openings) - will be hired and trained to co-lead Empowerment Self Defense workshops for the U-M community. Apply for this job directly through U-M's Student Employment website. $8.90/hr for ~8 hrs/wk
Interviews will be scheduled for the second week of August and hired to begin working as soon as possible.
Dean of Students Office Positions
Beyond the Diag Neighborhood Ambassador (5 openings)
- Are you interested in boosting your resume by gaining first-hand experience in coordinating community engagement events, budgeting, and marketing?
- Do you want to improve your public speaking skills and write captivating articles for all 30,000+ of your off-campus peers?
- Would you like to get paid to share housing and safety resources while improving the off-campus climate in Ann Arbor?
If you answered yes, consider joining the Beyond the Diag team as a Neighborhood Ambassador!
You can view the job description and apply directly through U-M’s Student Employment website.
Join our team and get paid to make Michigan’s off-campus a safer, tight-knit community! Contact us at BeyondtheDiag@umich.edu if you have additional questions!